Honest feedback..

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Honest feedback..

Post by Kurairush on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 am

Alright, I'm gonna give a little constructive criticism on this site..

The theme isn't exactly that great and it seems a bit basic..(Then again, forumotion never really had good themes to begin with..)
And the banners are too large in my opinion, makes it a little hard to navigate the forum..

And the spoiler room board seems unnecessary to me, as you've already got the "Spoiler" BBcode..
Other than that stuff, this forum seems okay.
Kurairush
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Male Posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: Honest feedback..

Post by MoonCookieChan on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:40 am

Kurairush wrote:Alright, I'm gonna give a little constructive criticism on this site..

The theme isn't exactly that great and it seems a bit basic..(Then again, forumotion never really had good themes to begin with..)
And the banners are too large in my opinion, makes it a little hard to navigate the forum..

And the spoiler room board seems unnecessary to me, as you've already got the "Spoiler" BBcode..
Other than that stuff, this forum seems okay.

No, the theme is a little basic and simple, but when I manage to get Paypal in the future I am planning to save up to get vBulletin.

Not really sure what to do with the banners, perhaps I could resize them to make them a little smaller in a few days when I have time.
The Spoiler Room is for members who openly want to talk about anime - such as 'I didn't like it when X died in the end at X'.
Basically a forum to discuss endings of animes, and overall views. The Anime forum is for opinions and discussion, as well as for people who are still watching the series.

Thank you very much for your feedback. ^^

----------------------------------------------

PM me if you need any help, or if you wish to join the website, forum, or chat staff.
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 618

http://animecookies.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

as MCC and I were discussing over it, the theme isn't exactly the greatest, neither is the software.

Camping Fora, Join
Naiwen

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintSinner on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:08 pm

the theme looks too cluttered. you can trim it down a bit.
SaintSinner
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:53 am

SaintSinner wrote:the theme looks too cluttered. you can trim it down a bit.
any exact way of trimming it?
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:40 am

Maybe you mean the side widgets?
And perhaps. I was thinking of adding more though, so please tell me if you think we have enough. xD

PM me if you need any help, or if you wish to join the website, forum, or chat staff.
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keizo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Hmmm, things can be changed. However, I think themes do not matter unless they are ridiculous. If someone wants to join a site, they will join a site. It's all about content.
Keizo

Male Posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Keizo wrote:Hmmm, things can be changed. However, I think themes do not matter unless they are ridiculous. If someone wants to join a site, they will join a site. It's all about content.
but still. I think sometimes the layout and content play a major role in swaying a guest's decision to join or not.
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Keizo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 pm

You do have a point, and while forumotion is limited. It can be made to work if you use the right CSS and use credits, Vbulletin is a great host and I will be buying it myself. Until I can, I will continue to use forumotion.

This site has changed since I first joined, and I honestly think it was for the better.
Keizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Keizo wrote:You do have a point, and while forumotion is limited. It can be made to work if you use the right CSS and use credits, Vbulletin is a great host and I will be buying it myself. Until I can, I will continue to use forumotion.

This site has changed since I first joined, and I honestly think it was for the better.
lets be honest here, none of our staff has to right skills to tweak Forumotion's CSS, not myself, and i'm sure MCC doesn't know how to either.
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by Keizo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:00 pm

I have talent in the area, but I'm far too busy coding things for AG, I'd offer my services if you wish however.
Keizo

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Keizo wrote:I have talent in the area, but I'm far too busy coding things for AG, I'd offer my services if you wish however.
we could use your services, but I'll be waiting for MCC to reply in this thread first.
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:56 pm

Keizo wrote:I have talent in the area, but I'm far too busy coding things for AG, I'd offer my services if you wish however.

That would help if you could in the future.

And yes, Naiwen, CSS is like another language to me anyway. xD

MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurairush on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Also, the "no avatar" images are rather weird-looking.
Kurairush
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 pm

Kurairush wrote:Also, the "no avatar" images are rather weird-looking.
concurred with that. They seemed strange-looking to me too. Would you fix it to something else, Daisy?

Last edited by Naiwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I have been meaning to fix that. We have the following choices, or I could make a few more to see which one everyone likes:

These are just images I have found, I need to get to making a better default image.

MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:40 pm

you forgot to include DN's characters, one of the most popular anime on this forum!
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Right, right!

We can add all the avatars to our avatar gallery, but we need a gendar friendly default avatar.
Maybe one of the cookie related anime avatars, since it would look more like a default avatar because the forum is called Anime Cookies, so it would make sense a cookie is in there somewhere.

Urgh, I don't know...

MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurairush on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:11 pm

I still think the banner needs to be changed to something smaller.

Also, you could just go with phpBB or SMF, instead of VB.
Kurairush
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Naiwen on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Kurairush wrote:I still think the banner needs to be changed to something smaller.

Also, you could just go with phpBB or SMF, instead of VB.
who said VB? I don't think we can afford VB as of now, right Daisy?
Naiwen

Back to top Go down

Post by ar.ciel on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:14 am

@Naiwen: CookieChan mentioned vB at one of her posts at the first page of this thread.

I have to say that this site is very confusing the first time I arrived here. I feel like there is a lot to loo at. I would advise to move the side bar widget to only one side, either left or right to give more space to the forum. Some members here have large avatar and because the space for the forum is too small they overlap the post area. That is not very good.

Also the moving news widget at the index page moves way too fast; you can't read anything with that speed.

You should also check the buttons: you put "post reply" button to make new topic and "new topic" to post a reply.

ForuMotion is actually quite good if you have designer in your hands. That's the hard part, I guess. Moving out to buy your own host and software might would be lovely, but only do so if you are confident with the community. Not to mention that vB is very expensive.

Good luck with the site, anyway.
ar.ciel

Female Posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:14 am

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, I can only buy vBulletin when I manage to get Paypal and start saving which could take quite a while. Maybe even a year.
No experience with SMF or PhpBB, and I have heard PhpBB has rubbish mods.

Ah, I see. I'll change the buttons, thanks for telling me. ^^
I need to redo all the buttons anyway.
I'll also move the widgets to one side, too many people have been saying the widgets are confusing.
Thank you for the suggestions!

MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaynil on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 am

Forumotion did something to the ACP panel when it comes to view the members profile, and you cannot longer 'cut' email address from there. I believe, though I haven't tried myself, that this is to prevent crawlers (including the ones you use willingly trying to convert) to get the database. This happened not that long ago, but I am worried. If your idea is to make a small database and then transfer it, you better make sure transfer this database without data corruption is still possible, or you may need to start over. That is why I haven't pushed anymore to get en IPB license for Roczuz. D:

In the CC thing... I like big banners. But I guess it wouldn' hurt they get resized a little.

For the default avatar I like this best:

Osaka is very known and I have seen boys and girls using avatars of her.

In the other hand
looks more Gender ambiguous. XD

Rosette is pure Win.
Kaynil
Anime Maniac
Anime Maniac

Female Posts : 55

http://roczuz.com/-c2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurairush on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:06 pm

@Kaynil:That one avatar is Komori Kiri, the resident "hikkikomori" of the series, "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" and I don't really think she'll work out as "gender-neutral" avatar.
Kurairush
Anime Newbie
Anime Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCookieChan on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 am

I'll use the first one then. And thanks for the opinions, Kaynil.
I'll think of something. If we can't move to vBulletin, I can hire someone to redesign the forum.

MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top