Old School vs Modern?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Thu May 17, 2012 11:27 am

Which would you rather? The old-school anime or the modern ones? I'll prefer the old-school ones, or the pioneers in the genres. Either Shojo or Shonen. I'd much rather YGO, Pokemon and [i]Fushigi Yugi or Fruits Baskets than the newer ones. What about you? Which ones for you and why?
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Thu May 17, 2012 12:42 pm

I don't really pay that much attention to the release date. Hyouka is looking like it's going to be one of my favorites and it just aired less than a month ago.
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Grungie wrote:I don't really pay that much attention to the release date. Hyouka is looking like it's going to be one of my favorites and it just aired less than a month ago.
Who or what is he or she? He seems to be like a he though?
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 am

Well Hyouka isn't a name, it means ice cream, though the show isn't about ice cream sadly.
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Fri May 25, 2012 5:42 am

Grungie wrote:Well Hyouka isn't a name, it means ice cream, though the show isn't about ice cream sadly.
Sorry, i didn't know that, thanks for telling me... but yeah, its Ice Cream in Japanese no?
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Fri May 25, 2012 11:22 am

Naiwen wrote:
Grungie wrote:Well Hyouka isn't a name, it means ice cream, though the show isn't about ice cream sadly.
Sorry, i didn't know that, thanks for telling me... but yeah, its Ice Cream in Japanese no?

Both work, kind of like kissaten and coffee shop are interchangeable.
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by tetutato on Wed May 30, 2012 9:30 am

Grungie wrote:I don't really pay that much attention to the release date. Hyouka is looking like it's going to be one of my favorites and it just aired less than a month ago.

Same here... I mean it's not like they are separated into different genres depending on their release date.
avatar
tetutato
Newbie
Newbie

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 am

tetutato wrote:
Grungie wrote:I don't really pay that much attention to the release date. Hyouka is looking like it's going to be one of my favorites and it just aired less than a month ago.

Same here... I mean it's not like they are separated into different genres depending on their release date.

Though sadly there are people out there who are pretentious and think classic = better.
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 am

Grungie wrote:
tetutato wrote:
Grungie wrote:I don't really pay that much attention to the release date. Hyouka is looking like it's going to be one of my favorites and it just aired less than a month ago.

Same here... I mean it's not like they are separated into different genres depending on their release date.

Though sadly there are people out there who are pretentious and think classic = better.
ok I don't think thus or so, so yeah.... for me, both are okay...

----------------------------------------------

Camping Fora, Join
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 am

There's this guy I know who refuses to watch anything that came out after 1990
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:36 am

Grungie wrote:There's this guy I know who refuses to watch anything that came out after 1990
really? why is that? XD or wherefore is it?

----------------------------------------------

Camping Fora, Join
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:04 am

"anything that came out after 1990 is pure garbage and solely for money instead of art"
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 am

Grungie wrote:"anything that came out after 1990 is pure garbage and solely for money instead of art"
he or shes been takin it too far eh? XDD

----------------------------------------------

Camping Fora, Join
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Grungie on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:29 am

Jerks ruin everything
avatar
Grungie
Manga Mania :O
Manga Mania :O

Male Posts : 141

http://musictalkboard.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 am

Grungie wrote:Jerks ruin everything
Not necessarily that eh? XDDD couldnt call him a jerk eh? XDD

----------------------------------------------

Camping Fora, Join
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by MoonCookieChan on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 am

Some of the 'old school' animes are better then the new storywise. I could easily say that about the newer modern anime.
The newer anime has better graphics though, much cleaner.

----------------------------------------------



PM me if you need any help, or if you wish to join the website, forum, or chat staff.
avatar
MoonCookieChan
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 618
Age : 104
Location : In your bag of cookies.

http://animecookies.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Naiwen on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:13 am

MoonCookieChan wrote:Some of the 'old school' animes are better then the new storywise. I could easily say that about the newer modern anime.
The newer anime has better graphics though, much cleaner.
Ok yeah, I've got it... but otherwise, I've got no preference of late..

----------------------------------------------

Camping Fora, Join
avatar
Naiwen
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 622

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School vs Modern?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum